Tuesday, October 30, 2007

ECOMMERCE STRATEGY 11 - Selling Online is Like Hiring

Do you know how much contact information about your company matters in your ecommerce site?

When I was out of college and was looking for jobs I didn't know the first thing about aggressive and efficient job hunting. Of course, I was a newbie. I needed work and learning about my prospective employers' background wasn't one of my biggest concerns. Back then, I had worked with all kinds of employers, and yes, some of them were unscrupulous, who didn't have good credentials, didn't pay government taxes (underground), and sometimes never showed up in the office! I learned a great deal after so many years of switching from job to job. Eventually I soon found out that when searching for a good job, the first step I would do is to check out my employer's background.

It's the same thing when selling services or products on the web. All merchants who own an ecommerce site should provide decent contact information online. This is one of the best ways to earn buyers' trust.

If I have access to a company's office address, phone number, email address, and even a short background on the owner and his staff on his ecommerce site, I can easily make inquiries. And if I can talk to the company representatives, that sets my mind at ease! Trust is a big deal when doing business online. Let your customers reach you, so they can trust you!

No comments: